Monday, April 28, 2014

Frisbees, Families, and Fairy Princesses

This week was short so there isn't much to say but I'll say some things I guess. Hahaha.

Starting last Monday my companion and I have started going out early in the morning to play frisbee with the other missionaries in the district. As most of you know (after being hit in the eye with a frisbee when I was younger) i've never wanted to play... because i'm a quitter and a big baby. But we've been going and guess what--- I'm actually obsessed with it. Hahahah. Some missionaries pray for the gift of tongues on their missions. Some missionaries pray for their investigators. And I pray that I'll be able to catch the frisbee. Hahaha. Really though I love it and it's the best part of my morning. And thus family get ready--- we will be playing frisbee all the time this summer. (: (: (:

Also we're teaching a couple families the gospel right now we have the X family which consists of a Mom and her high school aged son (but the dad really doesn't want them to be baptized or meet with missionaries so we just see them at church every week). Then there is the T family who is a Mom, Dad, and their son. They are awesome and already have enough Christian background that they do well at understanding the message and they are really interested. Last there is the H family which is a mom, dad, and three kids. Right now only the mom is investigating, but the we kno the kids and the next time we go over, the dad will probably be home so we can meet him too!! Also last night we met the F Family on the street who will start meeting with us after I already leave the area.

And then on our bike ride to the church there are big taro fields that we look at while we go. I don't know if you know anything about taro but its a root that grows under swampy water and is delicious and the plant part that is out of the water are these GIANT lily pads. And every time we right by I always wish I was a fairy princess and that I could just prance across the lily pads. So great.

So last night when my companion and I got home we went up to the 28th floor of our building (aka the roof) and we looked out over the city. It was beautiful. With the lights, and the dark sky, and the river down below I felt so blessed to be in such a beautiful city. We spent the next little bit talking about everything (mostly things I've learned on my mission and my goals and plans and what I want to continue to learn and grow). It was a really cool experience. That is something that I love about my companion right now is that we can just talk about everything. She's definitely a life long friend. And she's one of those people that asks the right questions to get you to really think about things and ponder about life. It's cool. Life is cool. I still don't have all the answers to all the questions in life-- but I'm enjoying the ride and I'm pumped to keep learning.

Oh and I need to tell you about the "hua che." Flower car. Taiwan is awesome. When something great happens they pull out the hua che and when something terrible happens they pull out the hua che. It's essentially a parade with one or more cars that are covered in flowers that play music (usually every car is playing different music-- so it's just a loud ruckus). And people bang on drums and people sings karoke and it stops traffic. It's hilarious. And yesterday while we were trying to have a lesson with our investigators there we about a million hua che's driving by. Hahaha. It was so loud. It's definitely something that is not as common in America. Hahah.

Anyway mostly I just love you all. I can't believe I'm starting up my last FULL week on island. It'll be a great week. I look forward to a lot of miracles and finding a lot of solid investigators with Sister Johansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment