Monday, March 31, 2014

40 days and 40 nights

Have you ever considered fasting for 40 days and 40 nights? I bet it would be hard--BUT if you start today then you would finish your fast the same day I get home. what what?!

Okay not trunky though I promise. We just had transfer this past week. It's been an exciting week.
So as I helped Sister George get ready to get home I was getting SUPER pumped to come home-- and thus I know that I have 40 days left. BUT that being said-- we still worked hard and saw a lot of miracles. I'll be real though-- I was SUPER nervous to get a new companion. Since this is my last transfer I obviously know that I want to take off running and I wanted a companion that I can work in unity with because that is most important to me. Anyway I had to call and report some things to the temple sisters this week (and they know early about the transfers) so I mentioned that I was nervous and Sister Barden (one of the temple sisters) just kept reassuring me that it would be okay and would have a blast this last transfer. BUT STILL going to the transfer meeting on Friday-- I was wicked nervous and my stomach was all in knots!!!! Well I'm pleased to announce that my new/last companion is Sister Johansen!! She's so great. 

This transfer is gonna be stellar! She's the third child in her family. She's from Provo, likes to try new things, is a bomb missionary. OH AND SHE'S RELATED TO POCAHONTAS!!! What what?!?! And she blows glass. Moral of the story: ultimate cool. 

Also the first evening we had together we went out and met this guy on the street. Brother L. When we prayed with him he said that he got goosebumps. SO COOL. He's our new investigator. But later we talked to him and he said he's never felt that way before so he knows he needs to meet with us and see what this is all about.

That same evening we visited a family that we're teaching. The lesson was pretty good. AND THEY CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!! Well-- not the daughter because she went to the library to study with friends. But the mom and son did. YAY!!!

Also-- i just found out that a girl I started teaching with Sister Boyer and taught most of the lessons to just got baptized this past Saturday. one year later. I could cry. I'm so happy!!!!

Wow just realized that I don't have a whole lot to say. This transfer is going to be a busy one. We have seven exchanges to go on. The first one is tomorrow. And we also have out temple day, and a mission tour meeting with a member of the seventy, and temple tour training, and two missionary leadership meetings, and some other random meetings and things. So between all that and our exchanges-- S. Johansen and I realized we have 6 normal days together this transfer. BIZARRE!!! It's going to fly by.


Anyway. THIS IS GONNA BE A BUSY AND AWESOME TRANSFER!! I look forward to hearing how your fast goes ;) just kidding you don't need to fast that long (: LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment