Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mission progress 10.6

I'm starting the last week of my second to last transfer. BIZARRO!

I honestly don't know what to say. This week was busy. We had two exchanges back to back. So on Tuesday Sister Anderson came to my area with me. And on Thursday I went back to Bade with Sister Wu. It was a good time. First of all-- the Taiwan people had a really hard time understanding that we had the same name. It was kind of hilarious. But we tried this new thing for the finding time that we had. We decided that we couldn't let three minutes pass by where we weren't talking to someone. We past through a lot of people and got ignored and blown off by a lot of people. BUT for a whole hour before lunch time (which is honestly usually the least productive hour) we talked to EVERYONE. It also felt like a really successful time. We talked to this man who is Christian who is really interested in learning more. He is our new investigator. Also-- he has two children and a wife that he says are probably really interested too. It was a successful exchange.

Then I went to Bade again. IT WAS SO GREAT! I also got to see a recent convert that I taught all the lessons too-- she got baptized after I moved out. She's great. And I had some time while I was there to write in my journal in the evening. Then all of Bade's memories came flooding back and I just thought-- "I hope the people I love know I love them." Ya'll should know, you are all included in that category!! LET'S GO TO THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM TOGETHER!! what what?!

Going on exchanges is exhausting. We went on 6 this transfer. And I'm wiped. Sister Hammer says that I have a new wrinkle on my forehead. I'm getting so old!!!

Oh also-- the morning of exchanges with Sister Anderson-- before we exchanged I saw a lizard get run over and I heard his bones crush and saw his guts splatter out. AND THEN when I was out with Sister Anderson, we heard a squealing noise and turned around just in time to see another get run over. He ended up rolling a lot and then jumped up and ran away. I think he was only under the car and didn't really get crushed-- but I'm sure it hurt and probably shocked him pretty bad. So sad :(

Also this past week we went to a members home for dinner and he said that we should not call on taiwanese mothers to help us teach lessons at noon or 6 because "i don't know how it is in America, but in Taiwan mother's have a responsibility to be home and cook for their families at these times." I mean I think that's cool and all-- but I also think it sounds painful. I also think men should learn to cook-- because a woman shouldn't be restricted at those times because she needs to slave in the kitchen for her family every single day. Anyway-- I'm not like a major feminist, but I hope men in America will learn to cook too.

Also-- we run into a lot of stereotypes out here. It's hilarious. Sister George and I sang at our investigators baptism last week and a lady from another ward came up to us after and was telling other people that we sing so well because we both play the piano and so we know music really well. Hahah we just laughed and were like "neither of us play the piano." She was so flabberghasted. It was kind of hilarious actually.
  
Also nankan means south ditch and tao yuan means peach garden. So I live in the south ditch of the peach garden. It's a lovely place.


No comments:

Post a Comment