Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 10!

1. I'm obsessed with all of you!
2. I may or may not have scolded the boys playing video games behind me for bad language.
3. The church is true.

This week has been really good. I found out recently that the very first woman that I ever invited to get baptized finally made it just two weeks ago! I'm so happy to hear that. I still remember that day like it was yesterday--- the very first time I ever invited anyone to be baptized. The spirit was so strong. AND NOW SHE'S MADE IT! My heart is so happy!

Also thank you for all of your prayers for our investigator Sister C. She's gonna make it. She'll be baptized on March 15. We've only been teaching her for about 3 weeks. But she is so humble and in tune with the spirit. I love her. Last Monday when we were on exchanges, I brought Sister Su to our area. The two of us went to visit Sister C. Only the day before we told her that she had to quit smoking. We asked her the next day how she was doing. She had smoked three that day. BIG IMPROVEMENT! We wanted to show her a video about obedience with President Monson speaking because we wanted her to start gaining a testimony of him. She pulled out the computer to put the DVD in and it wouldn't open. But then Sister Su pulled a bobby pin out of her pocket. She poked it into a small whole in the computer and it opened. Sister Chen was so amazed! Hahah. The best part was that Sister Su told us that as they walked out of her door that day she had the prompting to grab her bobby pins and put them in her pocket. So she did. I guess Heavenly Father knew that we would run into this problem. Anyway Sister C was so amazed. The next day when we met with her she said that because of that little experience she's decided to do a great thing. She hasn't smoked since. I know that the Lord, through small and simple things can make great things come to pass. Sister C is doing great. She passed her baptismal interview on Saturday and she's gonna be baptized. This woman has such strong faith. I absolutely adore her!

Please note: In two months from today we'll all be reunited. It's a BIZARRE thought.

This past week we had two exchanges. They were good-- despite the rain. I learn a lot on exchanges and I'm happy to help the other sisters. This week we have two more and I'm leaving my area for both of them so this week will probably feel like I'm hardly home.

Also this week we had Jedi Council. I guess it's official name is Missionary Leadership Council Meeting. I like Jedi Council better. It basically is where all the zone leaders and sister training leaders meet with the Assistants and President Day and his wife all day. We talk about how our zones are doing, what we'll do to improve, our goals and plans, what President Day thinks we should work on, etc. That happens the beginning of every month and prepares us for monthly zone training meeting where we just go back and train on the things that we learned there. I feel unqualified. The leaders in are mission are all really amazing people/ good missionaries. And I'm just the weird awkward child. I hope that I can be a good missionary.

This past week we also had a baptism on Saturday. The little Chilean woman was baptized along with the other sister's investigator. Sister C came to see. It was crazy. The spirit was SUPER strong the whole time. It is definitely one of the most spiritual baptisms I've been too. I can't even describe it. The spirit was really strong when us missionaries sang "Nearer My God to Thee." We sang the first verse in English, second in Chinese, and third in Spanish. I would've never thought that I was going to be singing in Spanish at a baptism. It was nice though.

Lastly-- I think I mentioned a while ago that one evening after making a bunch of phone calls this woman called us back and talked to us on the phone for about a half hour. She had never seen missionaries before--- someone in her house used to meet with them though (according to our records). Anyway we never ended up meeting with her until this last Wednesday after English class. It was bizarre to finally meet her. Hahhah. She's willing to keep meeting with us. So that's cool.

Well that's pretty much it from this week. Time is going by faster than I can run.

One last thing: I found this when I was reading Jesus the Christ this morning. Referring to Christ clearing out the temple. "He acted in the strength of righteousness, before which the forces of evil had to give way." pg 528.

I love this. When we OBEY and are RIGHTEOUS, we will have the strength and boldness to overcome the powers of evil. We all need this-- missionaries and non missionaries. I know that as we BOLDLY share the gospel with everyone, relying on strict obedience to the Lord and His commandments, the very powers of Heaven will come down to support us and overcome the evil in our way.


I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment